2018 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity
- Standard towing capacity of 4770 pounds
- Maximum gas towing capacity of 10,620 pounds when powered by the available 5.7L HEMI V8 engine and properly equipped
- Maximum gas payload of 1880
There are numerous 2018 Ram 1500 towing features available, all of which are geared toward providing a smooth, stable ride, no matter what you’re hauling behind you.
- Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension: This suspension provides automatic load leveling and improves capability. You can even adjust the air springs to one of five ride heights based on your driving demands manually.
- Hill Start Assist: If you have a heavy trailer hitched to the rear of your truck, accelerating over a hill is a tough endeavor. This program knows when you’re on an incline and maintains brake pressure as you switch to the gas pedal to prevent the truck from rolling backward.
- Integrated Trailer Hitch: Seamlessly connect the truck frame to the trailer behind you with this integrated trailer hitch. You can also expect a four- and seven-pin trailer hitch wiring harness and connectors with bumper integration.
- Trailer Sway Control: If your trailer is swaying back and forth, this system takes notice and immediately applies individual wheel brakes or lessens engine power to eliminate the movement.
Additionally, you’ll have access to power black trailer tow mirrors with manual fold away for optimal visibility, trailer brake control for extra stability, and more.
Choose Your 2018 Ram 1500 at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
To get a better sense of the 2018 Ram 1500 towing capacity, take a ride in one of the many Ram 1500 models for sale at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram or see how used Ram models perform. Want more information? See how the Ram 1500 compares to the Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Contact our team for more information or to plan your visit!