How to Repair Car Dents and Scratches
Learn how to repair your car dents and scratches yourself and learn how to determine if the car dent is large enough or indicative of more serious damage for you to bring in to a reliable Old Saybrook repair shop to fix a car dent. In the event you find a new scratch or dent on your car, our dealership service center can help you figure out how to fix it yourself. Learn more about the different type of damage as well as the many ways to fix dents and scratches on your own thanks to Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM.
DIY Fix for Car Scratches
If you notice there’s a scratch on your car and you feel that it’s not worth bringing your car in for repair service at a service center, here are some do-it-yourself car scratch removal tips.
- Candle Wax For Car Scratches – This is by no means a permanent solution, but it will hold in an emergency. Gently rub the wax over the cleaned area to seal the scratch.
- Super Glue For Car Scratches – Like candle wax, this helps seal the scratch temporarily and blends with the vehicle masking the damage slightly.
- Sandpaper For Car Scratches- Shallow scratches just on the surface can easily be removed after cleaning the area and rubbing over it with 2000-grit wet sandpaper. Once it’s at a point where the scratch is almost invisible, apply a rubbing compound.
DIY Car Dent Fix
Small dents are common, but unsightly. Instead of having a small dent ruin the curb appeal of your car. Use one of these DIY car dent fixes at home before bring in your car for a mechanic to fix the car dent:
- Using a Hammer or Mallet – Using one of these on the opposite side of the dent can help knock the spot back into place. Use the hammer for smaller fixes and the mallet for larger dents. Be sure to protect the side you are hammering with a towel or something equivalent to avoid more damage.
- Using a Plunger – Whether it’s the plunger from your bathroom or a car dent plunger, using this tool can pop the dent out with several attempts at leveling the dent out.
- Using a Dent Puller – Only proceed with this if you’re used to using this method, as using a dent puller requires drilling a hole in the dent, lacing the wire through and pulling the dent back to surface level. You’ll then need to fill the hole, sand it down, and paint.
Schedule Car Dent Repair Service Online in Old Saybrook
If the car exterior damage is more than a simple DIY fix can solve or if you’re unsure how to try to fix a car dent at home, you can schedule car service at our reliable Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM service center. Not only will our staff know how to perform the best car dents fix and scratch repair, but they’ll ensure a longer lasting car dent solution at an affordable price. Contact our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM dealership today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about DIY car care with tips like how to check your tire pressure, or how to change a flat tire yourself.