How to Fix Car Dents and Scratches
Learn how to repair your car dents and how to fix car scratches yourself with help from the experts at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM! With our helpful guide, you’ll learn how to fix car dents and scratches with a handful of DIY car repair tricks. You’ll also find out how to determine if the car dent is large enough to be indicative of more serious damage, in which case, you can bring it in to a reliable Old Saybrook repair shop. In the event you need to fix dents and scratches on cars you own, our dealership service center can help you figure out how to do it yourself. Learn more about the different type of damage as well as how to fix dents and scratches on cars all by yourself thanks to Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM.
How to Fix Car Scratches Yourself
Ready to fix a dent in a car, DIY-style? If you notice there’s a scratch on your car and you feel that it’s not worth bringing your car in for repair service at a Middletown-area service center, here are some do-it-yourself car scratch removal tips.
- Candle Wax For Car Scratches – This is by no means a permanent solution, but it will hold in an emergency. Gently rub the wax over the cleaned area to seal the scratch.
- Super Glue For Car Scratches – Like candle wax, this helps seal the scratch temporarily and blends with the vehicle masking the damage slightly.
- Sandpaper For Car Scratches– Shallow scratches just on the surface can easily be removed after cleaning the area and rubbing over it with 2000-grit wet sandpaper. Once it’s at a point where the scratch is almost invisible, apply a rubbing compound.
How to Fix Car Dents Yourself
Small dents are common but unsightly. Instead of having a small dent ruin the New London-area curb appeal of your car, try one of these DIY car dent fixes at home before bringing your car in:
- Using a Hammer or Mallet – Using one of these on the opposite side of the dent can help knock the spot back into place. Use the hammer for smaller fixes and the mallet for larger dents. Be sure to protect the side you are hammering with a towel or something equivalent to avoid more damage.
- Using a Plunger – Whether it’s the plunger from your bathroom or a car dent plunger, using this tool can pop the dent out. It may take several attempts to level the dent out.
- Using a Dent Puller – Only proceed with this if you’re used to using this method, as using a dent puller requires drilling a hole in the dent, lacing the wire through, and pulling the dent back to surface level. You’ll then need to fill the hole, sand it down, and paint over it until it looks right again.
Schedule Car Dent Repair Service Online in Old Saybrook
If the car exterior damage is too serious for a simple DIY fix, or if you’re unsure how to try to fix a car dent at home, you can schedule car service at our reliable Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM service center. Not only does our staff know how to best fix dents and scratches on cars, but they’ll ensure a longer-lasting car dent solution at an affordable price. Contact our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM dealership today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about more DIY car care with tips, like how to change your Jeep or Dodge key fob battery, check your tire pressure, or how to change a flat tire yourself.