2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2018 Ford Explorer
View Grand Cherokee Inventory Learn More About the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If you’re on the search for a crossover SUV, then the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the 2018 Ford Explorer are both excellent options. When comparing the two, Middletown drivers will appreciate that the Grand Cherokee:
- Costs $1,395 less on the base MSRP
- Offers three V8 engines and one V6 engine, all of which outperform the Ford Explorer’s two V6 and one four-cylinder engine offerings
- Tows 2,200 more pounds when fitted with the proper equipment
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee has more engine options than the 2018 Ford Explorer, and it also generates greater power. When comparing the two:
- The Grand Cherokee comes with a 6.4L HEMI SRT V8 engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission promises 475 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, its supercharged 6.2L HEMI V8 engine generates 707 hp and 645 lb-ft of torque. There’s also a 3.6L Pentastar V8 producing 295 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque, and a 5.7L HEMI V8 pushing out 360 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque.
- The Explorer has a 2.3L EcoBoost engine that makes 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 that musters 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque, and a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 that generates just 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque.
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7,200 pounds, while the 2018 Ford Explorer manages to tow just 5,000 pounds at most.
If you’re seeking adventure in and around New London or Madison, then the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee has the advantage. That’s because it offers much more equipment geared toward off-roading than the 2018 Ford Explorer, including:
- Quadra-Lift Air Suspension
- Selec-Speed Control with Hill Ascent Control
- Three available 4×4 systems – Quadra-Trac 1, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive
- Selec-Terrain Traction Management System with five drive settings – Snow, Sand, Auto, Mud, and Rock
- Jeep Off-Road Pages, which lets you explore wheel articulation, transmission temperature, suspension height, and other settings for an optimal off-road experience
Test Drive the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Explore the new Jeep Grand Cherokee lineup and take your preferred model for a spin when you contact the team at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. When you visit us in Saybrook, you’ll see how the new 2019 Grand Cherokee has improved over the 2018 model.