2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
Are you one of the many Old Saybrook drivers that are wondering “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” The 2020 RAM 2500 is a formidable pickup that has all the luxury of the new RAM 1500 with improved towing capacity. Middletown workers that need a heavy-duty pickup with a heavy-duty towing capacity will find that the RAM 2500 is more than able to take on the job. The RAM 2500 towing capacity will differ depending on the engine, and to help you find the right engine for your job site we’ve detailed the RAM 2500 engine specs for you below. When you’re ready to experience the power of the RAM 2500 in person, contact us and we’ll set up a test drive.
RAM 2500 Engine Specs
The new RAM 2500 comes with two engine options for New London drivers to choose from. Both engines can tow a few thousand pounds more than the top RAM 1500 engine, which is ideal for workers who need extra towing power on their job sites. We’ve outlined the specs of each engine option below:
6.4L HEMI® V8 engine:
- 17,540-pound towing capacity
- 4,010-pound payload capacity
- 410 hp
- 429 lb-ft of torque
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine
- 19,680-pound towing capacity
- 3,160-pound payload capacity
- 370 hp
- 850 lb-ft of torque
RAM 2500 Towing Features
Now that you have an answer to the question “How much can a RAM 2500 tow,” you can learn more about the RAM 2500 towing features that are offered. Because of the massive RAM 2500 towing capacity, Madison workers can pull heavier loads than ever before. In order to help them stay safe on the job site and on the road, RAM has developed a host of towing features to assist with stowing and hauling cargo. Read more about them below:
- Bed Lowering Mode: This system uses a dynamic centerline display with hookup assist to lower the pickup bed to its lowest point. Once lowered, it’s easier and safer to load heavy equipment or cargo into the RAM 2500.
- Warn® Zeon-12 Winch: This one of a kind winch won’t kink or fray despite its lightweight, and it’s rated for up to 12,000 pounds for easy cargo management.
- Trailer Camera System: This system can accommodate two cameras that can be positioned where you need them most. With a feed streamed directly to your Uconnect® system, you can watch precious cargo on the inside of your trailer or keep an eye on the vehicles around you for safer traveling.
Explore the RAM 2500 with Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM!
Are you impressed with the RAM 2500 towing capacity? Make an appointment and come explore the RAM 2500 features and configurations at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM to find the perfect RAM 2500 for you! Our sales team will take you on a test drive and help you apply for financing so you get the best deal for your budget. You can also browse our dealership specials to see if you can get the RAM 2500 at a discount. We look forward to hearing from you!
More from Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
Middletown drivers asked, and Jeep delivered! The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L with third-row seating is perfect for families who need more Jeep SUV seating but don’t want to upgrade to the upcoming Jeep Wagoneer. Jeep third-row seating allow the Grand Cherokee to offer seating for up to seven passengers with the rugged 4×4…
There’s no shortage of Jeep Grand Cherokee fans in the Middletown area and beyond. As the most awarded SUV on the market, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has set the standard for what an SUV should be, on and off the road. And yet Jeep has improved on this beloved vehicle with the new Jeep Grand…
Whether you’re taking on tough tasks on the Middletown job site or you’re gearing up for some weekend fun in New London, upgrading with a new RAM 1500 can ensure you have the specs you need. While RAM trucks are known for their towing prowess, the generous RAM truck bed sizes can accommodate a large amount…