2019 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning the new RAM pickup truck the award of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. All-new for 2019, the RAM 1500 offers more towing power than the 2018 Ram 1500, as well as improved fuel-efficiency, and a large high definition touchscreen in the interior cabin. Schedule a test drive to see how the RAM 1500 could improve your Old Saybrook jobs.
RAM 1500 Towing By Engine Option
The 2019 RAM 1500 is offered with three engines, each bringing their own unique performance specs to the table. Each engine gets paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8 speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick look at their specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the RAM trim level, like Tradesman, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Enhanced Towing Features
When it comes to towing, the 2019 RAM 1500 doesn’t rely on stark engine power alone. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through Middletown. Here’s a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on New London and Madison roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
Ready to move forward with buying or leasing? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments to help you plan your purchase in advance. Want to know more about 2019 RAM 1500 pickup truck performance, truck bed sizes, or want to compare its towing capacity to the latest 2500 heavy-duty pickup truck‘s or Jeep Grand Cherokee’s? Leave a response or question for us via our contact form.